Viking Therapeutics: Welcome to the Glorious House of Gains
- Viking Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company that is focused on developing novel therapies to various acute and chronic metabolic and endocrine disorders
- A spin-off of Ligand Pharmaceuticals in 2015, Viking maintains a pipeline of four molecular candidates held under an exclusive Master License Agreement. Clinical studies target a broad range of indications to large, underserved markets.
- Lead candidate VK5211 is a potent Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM). Extensive history of efficacy from early clinical trials in animals/humans, as well as testimonials from (illegal) recreational usage as a black-market PED by athletes/bodybuilders.
- Currently conducting a Phase II trial for post-operative, hip fracture rehabilitation support in elderly patients. Top-line data expected Q4’17; and recently held panel discussion to outline regulatory steps towards commercialization of $1b+ addressable market.
- With funding secure through mid-2018, Viking has line-of-sight on multiple upcoming catalysts over the course of the next 6-12 months that could position the stock to have significant potential upside.
One of the greatest internet personalities (celebrities?) is the indomitable RobertFrank615.
For the uninitiated, he is a real-life, pumped-up, Jersey Shore gym rat who is essentially playing a caricature of himself. Loaded with an army of nearly 650k followers, he creates off-kilter, motivational videos that he posts to Instagram and YouTube.
Put simply, his character’s goal in life is to make huge “gainz” at the gym in order to get a “sick pump” for the weekend to then be able to pick up women. In real life (“IRL”) though, he co-stars in many of the short videos with his fiancée (yes, it’s adorable) and just seems to be a genuine guy that happens to be jacked as all heck and loves to work out.
He’ll dance to forget the haters. He absolutely despises leg day; and he often comes up with highly entertaining creative expressions such as International Chest Day (i.e. Mon-Thurs) or my favorite, the Glorious House of Gains (i.e. the gym).
He also happens to be the perfect pop-culture reference for an investment in Viking Therapeutics (VKTX:NGS) for two reasons:
- Viking’s lead candidate—a molecule known as VK5211–is a potent SARM that has been used as a black-market performance enhancement drug (PED) by athletes and bodybuilders. It is now being positioned clinically as a potential best-in-class treatment for a wide assortment of acute and chronic muscle and bone loss.
- It’s initial area of exploration—rehabilitation support to post-operative elderly patients that suffered a hip fracture—is currently engaged in a Phase II trial, with top-line data expected to be released in Q4’17. With funding secure through mid-2018, to the extent its successful it should propel the stock forward as a major proof of concept towards commercialization.
Said another way, investors in Viking Therapeutics may be positioning—literally and figuratively—to enter into the GLORIOUS HOUSE OF GAINS on the back of positive top-line data from the VK-5211’s Phase II trial results due out later this year.
But I may be getting ahead of myself…
— — — —